Regulatory measures for whales
Regulatory measures in Canada
- Marine activity regulations in the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park and information on applicable protection measures in this marine protected area
- Banc-des-Américains Marine Protected Area Regulations and information on this marine protected area.
- Canada’s Marine Mammal Regulations. Consult the Fisheries and Oceans Canada computer graphic to view the distances set out in the Regulation.
- Transport Canada’s regulatory measure for watercraft exceeding 13 metres in the Gulf of St. Lawrence
- Voluntary slowdown zone to between 5 and 10 knots at the mouth of the Saguenay Fjord and to 10 knots in the estuary between Pointe-à-Boisvert and Cap de la Tête au Chien to prevent collisions with whales. Notices to Mariners.